- Large collard leaves, split with center vein removed
- Red bell pepper, sliced thin
- Cucumber, sliced thin
- Jalapeño, sliced thin
- Carrot, sliced thin
- Cabbage, sliced thin
- Cilantro leaves
- Tomato, quartered and sliced thin
- Mustard, balsalmic reduction, or dressing of choice
- Wash collard leaves, remove the center veins and finish splitting them in halves. Place the them in a serving bowl or on a plate.
- Slice an assortment of veggies thinly, like matchsticks and arrange on a platter or tray.
- Set your collards and veggie tray on the table with a bowl of hummus, your choice of veggies, mustard, balsamic or other dressings, and a pepper mill.
- To assemble wraps, each person smears some hummus on a leaf, then adorns it with herbs and veggies, a drizzle of dressing and a sprinkle of pepper before rolling it up.
- Many substitutions can be made, such as using a nut paste or other bean-based paste, other fresh herbs and veggies. Try adding sprouts instead of cabbage if you want less crunch. Create a rainbow you can hold in your hand!
- Or, try the recipe that inspired mine.
Koops Arizona Heat is our favorite mustard! We bought a 12-pack on Amazon for about $30. Otherwise, the only place we’ve seen it is at an Arizona Walmart.